Saturday, May 29, 2010

Moving Forward

Yesterday morning I had a repeat ultrasound done to make sure there was no heartbeat. There were no changes. So then I checked in at the hospital & prepared to have surgery.

Jay was with me as well as my parents, my sister, my niece, my pastor, and my friend from church. It really felt good to know there were so many there supporting me and loving me and praying for me.

I was scheduled for a D&C, and I was also prepared to lose the right side of my uterus as well as that right tube (due to a cornual ectopic). Plus, he was going to look at the left ovary as well and possibly remove a cyst.

God was so faithful and heard our prayers. He did the D&C then explored laporascopically. My uterus looked totally normal and did NOT have a cornual ectopic. Therefore, he did NOT have to do any operating on my uterus!!! Thank You, Lord!! I still have my whole uterus and both tubes! He also removed the cyst from my left ovary. He found some endometriosis implants as well. But it didn't look very severe. He was also able to send some tissue off for genetic testing.

I am SOO thankful for this surgery outcome. It could have been so much worse.

I'm at home recovering. I have 3 laporaoscopic incisions. They're small but oh SO painful when I try to get up out of bed or use my abdominal muscles in any way.

God is giving Jay and me strength & hope. This has been a very difficult time for us. But thankfully we've gotten to spend a lot of alone time together this week and got a chance to process a lot of what has happened. We're still very sad over the loss of our baby. But we are looking ahead and trust that God has a plan for us to be parents.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I am so relieved to hear this news after praying specifically that they wouldn't have to remove anything that may jeopardize your future reproduction. So, so happy that the surgery went well and better than expected.

My heart still hurts for you and I'm still praying. I know that the healing takes time (physically and especially emotionally). Sending big, big hugs.

Birdie said...

Thank you, Stacey. You're always so encouraging. :) I think of you often.

Post a Comment