Thursday, March 3, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Big Guy

Thanks for all your comments on my last post. I took the Mucinex. I wasn't really sure how long to take it, but I did make sure that I took it during my most fertile time plus several days after. Pretty soon it'll be time to start pulling out the pregnancy tests again!

One of my sweet blog friends also asked about what a uterine septum is. I had a uterine septum that my RE removed surgically. He thinks that may have caused my miscarriages. Basically, a septum is extra tissue that extended across the top of my uterus. I was born that way. The extra tissue doesn't get good blood supply, so when the babies implanted there they couldn't get the blood flow that they needed to thrive and grow. It causes recurrent pregnancy loss. My doctor estimates my chances of having a baby at 75% after the surgery. I'm hoping and praying that he was right!!!


We are spending our last couple of days with Big Guy. He's our 3 year old foster child - our first foster child who came to our home almost 6 months ago. Now he is returning to his parents. God continues to give me strength and peace. I can see that his parents love him, and I know it is time for him to go. But I will miss him. I'm sure there will be many moments of wishing I could see him and hold him again. He will always hold a very special place in my heart. He has taught me so much - about myself and about children. He has the best sense of humor and is so smart!! He has brought so much joy and happiness to our home. He is one special little boy! I do hope that they will stay in contact as they've said they will.


I am still praying daily for Little Guy too... The picture below looks a bit silly. But I'm not allowed to show his face. Therefore, I have to be creative! ha! Trust me, he is a living DOLL!!! I love him so much!

I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for checking in on me and reading my blog! :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Okay, that makes a lot of sense then!!! Sounds like you have a great chance next time!! C'mon BFP!!

You must be the sweetest foster parent ever. You always have good things to say about these poor children. I hope the parents can treat Big Boy good like you do.

Kelly said...

I too had a Uterine Septum.I had never even heard of one until a month ago! I had surgery to remove it this past Friday! They found it after 3 miscarriages. I am also 31 with an amazing husband, a cat, and lots of faith. I will keep you in my prayers! I am so glad I found your blog ~ you give me hope!!!

Post a Comment