Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I'm 31! Woah! Hard to believe! But I don't really care about the number. I'm just so happy to be alive and healthy and happy!

It's been a GREAT day!!!

Last night I had a wonderful home cooked supper at Mama & Daddy's. Then we reminisced over my old scrapbooks & picture albums. Plus, I got a gift card to The Ol.ive Gar.den!

Jay woke me up this morning with a cake, candles, birthday banner, card, confetti & a big gift bag with a soft, fluffy robe inside!!!

And I spent the day with my mom, sister, & baby niece. We shopped, ate, & painted at a paint your own pottery shop. What fun!!! I also got a pretty glass cake stand from my sister & some money from my in-laws. My mother-in-law knows I love to shop! :) I plan to go to NY&Co.

I've already asked Jay if we can extend the celebrations through the coming weekend. He thought it was a good idea. :)


This is the necklace I made today at the paint your own pottery shop. We had a good laugh over how long it took me to paint it (a long time!). Hopefully it'll look better once it's been fired. :) But even if it doesn't, it was a lot of fun!

I was thrilled with the pretty cake stand my sister got me!

This is the cute card Jay got me. Notice the confetti he'd spread on the table. :)

Opening my card & gift card at Mama & Daddy's

Jay & I really enjoyed supper. Mama sure knows how to cook! I'd put her up against Paula Deen any day! :)

I'm so thankful for another year & pray that this is the best one yet!!!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy, happy birthday, dear friend! I'm so happy that the Lord has brought us together through blogging -- even though the experiences we share aren't always happy ones, it's good to have people to help carry the load. I'm thankful for you!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Just read your last post too and I'm excited about your upcoming vacation plans. I know you guys will enjoy that and you definitely need a getaway after the year you've had. As always, I love your positive outlook! Keep that hope alive! I'm believing and hoping right along with you.

Enjoy your whole birthday WEEK! :)

Post a Comment