Friday, September 3, 2010

Our Other Sites

My husband, the artist!

When my mom first told me about Jay (4 years ago now) & asked if I'd be willing to go out on a date with him if he asked, I wasn't sure.

I vaguely remembered him from high school, thinking of how he roped & rode horses & wore boots & Wrangler jeans.

It wasn't that I was against any of those things! In fact, I LOVE all of those things about Jay. He's the perfect mix of country & sweetness & manliness all at the same time.

But 4 years ago I didn't know that. I was worried that we wouldn't have the same interests, that he wouldn't be interested in world missions or artistic things like plays & concerts. Would he be able to appreciate my love of reading and my passion for sharing the Gospel with those who have never heard?

Well, I was COMPLETELY blown away!!! He picked me up in a little red sports car, and we spent the whole evening talking about everything! To top it all off, he even played piano for me & SANG!! How sweet!!!! I also got a peek at some of his drawings & paintings. Boy, my preconceived notions were WAY off!!!!

Being "country" is a wonderful thing, especially in Jay's case where it's paired with artistic ability and a whole lot of sweetness & goodness of heart.

Sometimes I tell Jay that I think God has doubly blessed me. I tell him that this probably isn't really the way God works, but sometimes I wonder if God has blessed me so much in other areas of my life because He's seen me have such a hard time with the miscarriages. God's been good to me.

So, all of that mushy stuff about Jay to say that I haven't mentioned our other websites in a while that showcase some of his artwork, so I thought I'd do it today!

If you'd like to see some of Jay's artwork, please check out Studio by the Creeks. He does all sorts of things from portrait drawing to oil & acrylic painting to graphic design & web design. And if you'd like to hear him sing, you can go to the Downloads button & listen. My personal favorite (and the 1st song I ever heard him sing) is It is Well. That's him playing piano too. If you feel like listening to more, also check out Your Beloved.

After you check that out, please head on over to our Painted Pixels Paintography site. It shows some really beautiful digital painting that Jay does. And it's much cheaper than an oil painting, so it's a nice alternative.

Thanks so much for looking!

I hope that y'all have a WONDERFUL holiday weekend!! Enjoy every moment!

As always, feel free to email me:

creekjc @ nctc. com

God Bless You All!



0 comments:

Post a Comment