Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple Darlings

In my last post I talked about the waiting I've been doing over the last few years. So I decided to post about some of the fun things I've been doing in the meantime. I don't want my life to be on hold! I want to live & enjoy life even while I'm waiting to hold that little baby in my arms! :)

So here was a recent culinary adventure. :)


Wanna see what put a big smile on Hubby's face??






I started out with a pie crust recipe made with flour, shortening & cold water. I rolled it out & used my new handy dandy pastry cutter to cut 6 in. x 6 inch squares.



Next came a spoonful of small apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.



I topped the apples with a large dollop of my homemade apple butter. Mmmmmm.... Fall was definitely in the air while making these!!




Next I folded them up like so and....

cut some little leaves to go on top.




I wanted a crispy, shiny crust, so I brushed it with milk and sprinkled sugar on top!





In you go, my little apple darlings! I baked them starting at 300 and eventually went up to 350. I totally improvised!




Out you come, all toasty & brown!





What a delicious treat!!! Homemade apple pie in a darling little crust! Just right for one person!













0 comments:

Post a Comment