Saturday, November 27, 2010

Two Little Turkeys for Thanksgiving

Great news for us: Big Guy is going to be here for Christmas!

I just couldn't bear the thoughts of Christmas without him here. But I just kept trusting God, knowing that if that's what God asked of us that we would be able to do it.

We found out last week that he is going to be with us. And I'm SO very thankful for that.

Little Britches, sweet baby girl, who came to us Tuesday evening may leave us this Tuesday. We've only been together a few days so far, and I already feel like my heart will break when she leaves. Yet again, not my will but yours, Father. I know if this is what He asks of me that He will give me the strength to do it.

On a funny note, this is what happened on Tuesday. I had just checked out at K.mart, with Big Guy in tow and my mom checking out behind me when my cell phone began to ring:

Social Worker: Birdie, this is XYZ. I have a 4 month old baby girl. No known medical problems. Would you be able to take her?

Me: Uh.... What about Big Guy? Will she be able to sleep in his room?

(My mind is racing, my heart is pounding.)

Social Worker: Yes, she can.

Me: Uh... Let me call Jay and ask him.

Social Worker: (Laughter) I just called him, and he said, "Call Birdie."

Me: Okay. I'll call him and call you back.

Social Worker: Call me back as soon as you know.

I called Jay, and this is how our conversation went:

Jay: What do you think?

Me: Umm... I think we should take her. What do you think?

Jay: I think we should.

In the meantime, my mom said, "Yes!!! We need another baby in the family!!"

So, it was settled!!! An hour later, I was sitting on my couch in my living room holding a sweet, beautiful, darling, dark haired, blued eyed baby girl.

And it wasn't long until I fell COMPLETELY IN LOVE!!!

Sweet Baby will likely leave us on Tuesday. Just one week together. But it doesn't matter that it will only be a week... My heart is already aching when I think of it. But I just keep trusting God.

In the meantime, this experience is AMAZING!!!! With God's help, we are showering this baby with love, giving her a stable home, covering her in prayer and learning a whole lot about God, love, life and parenthood.

This is truly the adventure of a lifetime!

If you want to be a mom and you have a good stable home, I encourage you to be a foster parent! It may also lead to adoption. As I've mentioned before, my sister has 2 beautiful girls that were adopted through the foster care system.

I hope to write more blogs with greater details about fostering.

God Bless You all! I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!!!! Mine sure was!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Truly amazing! I'm loving your posts about your fostering experience so far. What a blessing you are to those children, just as I know they are to you! Glad you had a happy and memorable Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment