Monday, November 15, 2010

Progesterone

Today I got the results of my Day 21 Progesterone Level.

It was 11.3

Now, I'm not sure what my RE is going to say about this. I got it done at my ob/gyn's office, and they faxed the result to him. So....

I will soon know if I'll be taking Clomid again.

Interesting fact:

My RE told me that using a progesterone supplement when you get a positive pregnancy test is sometimes not soon enough. So, if you know that your progesterone level runs low and you're planning to use a progesterone supplement when you become pregnant, ask your doctor about going ahead and using it while you're trying to conceive.

This is what my RE told me:

You can use progesterone every cycle that you're trying to conceive. When you have a positive ovulation test, begin the progesterone. If you're not pregnant that month, then stop the progesterone when you start your period. Then use it again the following month the same way until you become pregnant.

That way, you will have enough progesterone in your system even in the very earliest days of your pregnancy when implantation is occurring.

I hadn't heard that before. So I wanted to pass along the info to my blog friends as well. Especially if you've had chemical pregnancies, this could be helpful.

I'm still loving spending my days with our darling 2 year old. :) Being a foster parent is one of the greatest things I've ever experienced!!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm still praying for you! And p.s. you weren't that far from me when you were in Memphis! Only about an hour and a half!

Post a Comment