Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Life is Good - Especially When it Involves a Massage!


The Easter egg hunt at church Sunday was a bit difficult for me. We were the only couple there without children. Everyone else was helping their kids & grandkids find eggs while I was standing there with what felt like a giant flashing sign over my head with an arrow pointing down saying, "I don't have kids!! Look at me!! I'm the only one here who doesn't have kids!!"

Here's a pic of me that Jay took at the church egg hunt, and thankfully I don't see a giant flashing sign over my head!! :)

Thankfully, my church family is actually very sweet & supportive. I have a good friend there who also suffered 3 miscarriages, and she has been a great help to me. Some of the other ladies are also great prayer warriors for Jay & me. They're also longing for us to be parents! :)

And, of course, I must say that I'm SO thankful that Jesus died & rose again!! Without Him, life would be meaningless. The older I get, the more I realize this. It really was a wonderful Easter despite my feelings at the egg hunt. Plus, after church we got to spend all evening with my family. We had such a great visit!



Here's a pic of me finding a prize egg at my parents' egg hunt. It had $5 in it! Wohoo!!




Yesterday I talked to my RE's nurse. She was so sweet & helpful. She's calling me in a prescription for Clomid which I will begin on cycle day 3 and take for 5 days. I'm also waiting for cycle day 1 to call & schedule the HSG.

I have a lot of hope! As spring is all around me I feel my hope rising. When I see my tulips blooming & all my other flowers growing, the trees budding and blooming & little calves running in the fields I feel so much hope that this will also be my time. Lord, please make it so!

In the meantime, I'm off to get a massage today!!!!!! AND I'm in spring break! Life is wonderful!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Nope, no sign above your head but you sure are as cute as a button! I've been in lots of situations like that before and they're not easy. I think you were brave to go. Sounds like you do have some great supporters at your church, which is so nice.

I'm really hoping for you! Things are happening and I hope you'll be sharing some really good news soon! I hope your Clomid cycle goes well and please let us know when the HSG is so we can be in prayer over that.

Happy Spring!!

Birdie said...

Aw thanks, Stacey! :)

I'm still so excited to see that things are going so well for you. It also gives me a lot of hope seeing how well you're doing after the losses. I'm definitely cheering for you every time I read a good report from you!!

I will definitely let y'all know about the HSG. It should be coming pretty soon. I've been nervous about it, but I'm also ready to get it done & over with!

So I was wondering if you work outside the home. I don't think I've heard you mention your job.
I do a lot of lifting at my job & would love to stay home once I become pregnant. After so many losses, a lot of fears come about lifting, being on your feet a lot, stress, etc. I know that m/c is usually not caused by any of those things. But my heart & brain don't always make that connection!

Again, I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait for the next update!

Happy Spring to you too!!

Post a Comment