Saturday, April 10, 2010

Clomid + HSG = BABY (I hope!!!!!)

My HSG is scheduled for Tuesday. Several months ago I was terrified to have this rotten test done after hearing & reading horror stories such as:

- I almost passed out!
- It's comparable to child birth!
- It was like a knife stabbing my abdomen!

The list goes on and on. Of course there were also some stories interspersed in there that spoke of "tolerable" pain and even no pain at all. But who can focus on those positive remarks when paired alongside the "worst pain of my life"?

Thankfully, my RE has assured that he has excellent technique and even prescribed a narcotic for me!! Woohoo!! I love you, RE!!

So Tuesday is the big day. I'm hoping hoping hoping that the test will give me an all clear to finally start trying to conceive again!!

And for those of you who don't know, during an HSG the physician inserts a catheter in to the uterus & injects dye. He then takes x-rays which track where the dye goes & shows whether or not the fallopian tubes are open & if the uterus is normal without any septum, etc.

Other big news: I took my first 50 mg dose of Clomid today. I'll take it for 5 days. I'm a little nervous about it. I always torture myself by reading the list of side effects.

I usually have no problems ovulating, but my RE prescribed it in case there could possibly be a "glitch" in my ovulation & also to help sustain my pregnancy once I do become pregnant.

I'm praying that I get pregnant SOON & that God allows this baby to be healthy & strong & born normally. I SO want to be a mommy to our baby. And I pray that I never go through the pain of another loss.

I remember praying last year around Christmas that God would give us a baby by next Christmas. It could still happen!! :)

But no matter what happens, I trust You & love You, Lord!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment