Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Are You Kidding Me??!! - The Worst Blood Draw Ever!!!

I'm still getting my hcg level monitored until it returns to zero. So yesterday I went to our little clinic in town and had the worst blood draw of my life!! This tops the week before when the medical assistant dripped my blood down my arm and in to the floor.

Yesterday the little old man didn't wear gloves and stuck me 3 times WITH THE SAME NEEDLE!!!! That's right... He actually missed in my right arm, used the same needle to stick my left arm, missed it, and then stuck me again in my left arm without ever changing needles. Doesn't that make it get dull?? I would have totally freaked out, but at least it was my needle, as in it only had my blood on it and no one else's. I tried to overlook it, but I was still thinking about the whole experience as I lay in bed last night trying to go to sleep.

Even worse? The result was 9. NINE!!! SO close to zero yet so far away! Guess that means I'll have to have one more lab done, but you can bet that I'll be calling first to make sure he's not working that day!

I'm so done with doctor visits. I'm on the verge of making a decision not to pursue anymore recurrent pregnancy loss testing at this time. I have an appointment in Memphis next month. But Jay & I haven't decided whether or not we'll keep it.

Several months ago we took foster parenting classes but then I got pregnant before we turned our paperwork in. Now we have finished all the paperwork and I'll be turning it in soon. We're excited about that, as I have 2 nieces adopted through the foster care system. I love them dearly.

In the meantime, I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful and keep trusting the Lord!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

That is horrible! No gloves?!?

Ugh, I'm sorry you have to do this and I know how tiresome the doctor visits can get. Please know that you have my support and prayers in whatever route you choose to see the dream of parenthood realized!

Post a Comment