Friday, March 26, 2010

Jay's Physical

Jay is such a hoot! So today he went & had his physical. Have I ever mentioned that Jay can be a little absent minded at times? When it comes to his artwork or web design (www.studiobythecreeks.com) he never forgets anything. He's so detailed & organized. But when it comes to other things... well, it's another story! :)

So for foster care we have to get very very simple physicals. I had mine a couple of days ago. My nurse practitioner listened to my heart and lungs, checked my reflexes, looked in my ears & filled out my paperwork (simple checklist basically saying I'm healthy) to turn back in to foster care.

Well, when Jay was finishing getting his physical today he calls me and says, "They drew blood." Really? Why?? "I don't know." Then he proceeds to tell me, "Yeah, and I had to give a urine sample too. They also want me to bring back a stool sample."

What?? I didn't have to do any of that!


"She also pushed on my stomach and made me close my eyes and lift my hands and feet and had me push her hand with my head."

Okay, that's really weird...I didn't have to do any of that. Well, did she fill out your foster care form and give it back to you?

Silence

I can tell his eyes are huge on the other end of the line.

"Oh, shoot!!" he says, "I forgot!!"

You forgot??!!! Jay, that's the whole reason you went!!!

Long story short, the lady at the front desk forgot to attach his foster paperwork to his chart, so our nurse practitioner thought he was there for a regular physical rather than an easy foster care one.

Jay, didn't you wonder why she wasn't filling out the paper?

"I thought she was!" he says.

And I had to laugh! Especially when he confessed that while he was sitting there in the lab waiting to get his blood drawn the nurse came back carrying his coat (that he'd left in the exam room) and said, "You might need this!"

That's my Jay!! I love him! :)

On Monday we'll pick up the form from the office & get the rest of our paperwork together to turn in.

I also had my TSH, prolactin, & rubella blood work done today. That means that we're one tiny step farther on our journey to Baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment